Have you ever felt like Murphy’s Law has taken over your life? You know, those times in life where you are overwhelmed to the max and if anything can go wrong it will. You’re hit hard from all sides where it’s one unexpected snafu after another, unintended consequences, Mercury is in perpetual retrograde, and perfect timing meant that everything stopped working at the SAME TIME.
You feel there is a force out there trying to get the best of you and it begins to affect your attitude, energy, momentum or even your health. You feel so overwhelmed and want to throw in the towel, saying “Ok world. You win. I give up.”
But is there such a thing as Murphy’s Law? If so where did it come from? What is the power behind Murphy’s Law?
Believe it or not Murphy’s Law is real. Here’s the interesting backstory…
The original Murphy’s Law was coined back in 1949 at Edwards Air Force Base. It was named after Capt. Edward A Murphy who was an engineer working on an Air Force Project designed to see how much sudden deceleration a person can stand in a crash and survive.
One day, after finding that a transducer was wired incorrectly he cursed the technician responsible for the error and said, “If there is any way to do it wrong, he’ll find it.” And the birth of the original Murphy’s law was born.
Over the years other “laws” have been added to the list. Here are a few:
- “You never find a lost article until you replace it.”
- “Matter will be damaged in direct proportion to its value.”
- “Smile today for tomorrow will be worse.”
- “Left to themselves, things tend to go from bad to worse.”
- “The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time, the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.”
- “Things get worse under pressure.”
Upon careful scrutiny you will find another law lurking in the background that is actually at the core of the power behind Murphy’s Law. That is the Law of Attraction. What it really comes down to is where you focus your energy and your expectation is what determines what you will get in return. Like attracts like. Momentum comes from sustain focused energy. If you want something different then intentionally shift your energy in a different direction to change your perspective.
If you want to avoid Murphy’s Law from being ruler over your life, then you need to intentionally shift your thoughts and change your perspective. Use the power of the Law of Attraction to give Murphy’s Law a new twist with the following perspectives:
- Detours, delays and snafus are nature’s way of redirecting me to something better.
- Unintended consequences happen for a reason and always work in my favor.
- If it broke I must not have needed it right now and something more valuable will come in its place.
- Everything is working out for me today and tomorrow will take care of itself in perfect timing.
- Nothing is ever lost, I just don’t remember right now where I last saw it. I will run across it when and if I need it.
- Pressure is good because it promotes a speedy process that gets things done.
If you approach each day with these new twists on Murphy’s Law, you’ll find that overwhelm is a thing of the past for everything is working out as it should and all is well.